Aotal is committed to ensuring we are compliant with relevant privacy regulations, including New Zealand’s Privacy Act and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
For the purpose of the GDPR:
- In respect of Personal Data collected in the delivery of Aotal Products & Services to Customers and potential Customers of Aotal, including the support of those Products & Services, whereby the collection of Personal Data is required for that delivery, the Data Controller is Aotal;
To learn more about the roles of a Data Processor and a Data Controller, and about GDPR visit https://www.eugdpr.org/
Information Aotal Collects
To provide Aotal Products & Services we collect from you:
- Your Personal Information (including Your Sensitive Information); and
- Personal Information (including Sensitive Information) about anyone else that you give Aotal Products & Services to.
You must make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete, up-to-date and not misleading when it is disclosed to Aotal.
How Aotal collects your Personal Information
Aotal collects Your Personal Information when you:
- Use the Aotal Products & Services on your computer, mobile, tablet or any other electronic device;
- register as a TAS Developer;
- submit your completed TAS Security and Privacy Questionnaire to Aotal;
- Use Aotal Troubleshooting Support;
- communicate with Aotal; and
- enter into any Aotal competitions and promotions
- register for our events
- apply for a job with us
- choose to share your information with us for any other purpose
How Aotal will Use your Personal Information
Aotal will only use and disclose to Third Parties your Personal Information:
- for the Purpose of providing you with the Aotal Products & Services, including to:
- communicate with you;
- provide technical and user support
- verify your identity when you register to become a TAS Developer;
- administer your TAS Developer account;
- provide you with a good user experience;
- develop new features and content;
- determining your suitability for working for Aotal;
- keep you updated on things that are happening at Aotal;
- for any other Purpose you authorise;
- for the Purpose of Aotal selling all or most of Aotal’s assets; and
- to comply with Aotal’s Legal Obligations.
How long Aotal holds your Personal Information
Aotal will hold your Personal Information for as long as your Personal Information is required for the Purposes and for as long as is necessary for Aotal to comply with its Legal Obligations.
How Aotal protects your Personal Information
Aotal will use reasonable care to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, and loss.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not secure and Aotal cannot guarantee the security of your data in transmission to or from any of the Aotal Products & Services. As a result, the security of any information you transmit to Aotal or Aotal transmits to you is transmitted at your own risk.
Aotal may transfer your Personal Information to other countries
In order to provide you with the Aotal Products & Services, Aotal may need to disclose and transfer your Personal Information to Third Parties located in a different country from where you live, including countries located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If those countries do not have data protection laws comparable to the data protection laws of Your country of residence (such as the protections required under the Directive 95/46/EC for the transfer of personal data to third countries), then Aotal will take steps to ensure that your Personal Information (including any Sensitive Information) is protected in those countries. For example, if you live in a country not located in the EEA, a step that Aotal will take is to enter into data protection arrangements with the Third Party based on the "Model Contracts for the transfer of personal data from the EU/EEA to third countries".
What happens if you don't give Aotal Your Personal Information
If you decide not to give Aotal Your Personal Information, then you:
- will not be able to use the Aotal Products & Services;
- can't be a TAS Developer; and
- won't be kept updated on things that are happening at Aotal
To exercise any of the below rights please contact us at email@example.com and:
- let us have enough information to identify you,
- let us have proof of your identity and address.
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
Where you are a user of our Products & Services you should email us from the email address that you used to register with Aotal. Receipt of an email from this address may be sufficient to confirm your identity, however we may request one or more identification documents, such as a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill; and
Request access to your Personal Information:
You have the right to access any Personal Information that Aotal holds about you. If Aotal cannot give you access to the Personal Information that you have requested, then Aotal will let you know the legal reasons for not disclosing your Personal Information. If you are not happy with our legal reasons, please contact us in the first instance, if you are not satisfied then you have the right to complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner: http://www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/how-to-complain/.
Request correction of your Personal Information:
You have the right to request correction of the Personal Information that Aotal holds about you. Aotal will correct your Personal Information if it is necessarily to ensure that Personal Information is accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading. If Aotal decides that it is not necessary to correct your Personal Information, Aotal will let you know the legal reasons for Aotal’s decision. If you are not happy with our legal reasons, please contact us in the first instance, if you are not satisfied then you have the right to complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner: http://www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/how-to-complain/.
Request deletion of your Personal Information:
You have the right to request deletion of certain Personal Information that Aotal holds about you. We may continue to process your Personal Data in certain circumstances in accordance with data protection legislation (i.e. where we have a legal justification or requirement to continue to hold such Personal Data). If you are not happy with our legal reasons, please contact us in the first instance, if you are not satisfied then you have the right to complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner: http://www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/how-to-complain/.
Cookies: A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your computer, mobile, tablet or any other electronic device when you visit websites that are provided as part of Aotal Products & Services. Cookies allow the relevant website to recognise a user's device. There are two types of cookies:
- Session cookies are used to store information about your activities so you can easily move from one webpage to another. These cookies act like a "bookmark" tracking your movement from webpage to webpage of a website so that you do not have to provide the same information that you have already given on earlier webpages. Session cookies only remain in the cookie file of your browser until you close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are used to store your preferences in order to improve your experience on future visits to a website. For example, these cookies can remember log-in details or language preferences so that you don't have to continually re-enter these each time you visit the website. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser after you have closed your browser, and activate again when you next visit that website
To enable all features and functionality you will need to permit Aotal to place cookies on your device. If you choose not to, then our features and functionality will not be available to you.
For more information about cookies, including how to adjust your internet browser settings to reject cookies, you can visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
If you think that your privacy rights have been breached, you can make a written complaint to Aotal. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- App: means any applications, products or services developed by us, you or anyone else using the TAS Platform.
- Customer: a licensed user of Aotal Products & Services
- including: means "including without limitation".
- Legal Obligations: means any legal or regulatory obligation that Aotal has under the laws of any relevant any country in relation to the collection, use, disclosure, storage or processing of your Personal Information.
- Personal Information: means any information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify an individual, and includes Sensitive Information, and references to "your Personal Information" also include any Personal Information that you provide to Aotal about someone else.
- Related Companies: any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Aotal. "Control" for purposes of this definition, means direct or indirect ownership or control of more than 50% of the voting interests of the subject entity.
- Sensitive Information: means information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, health or sex life.
- TAS: means Talent App Store, a product which forms part of Aotal Products & Services
- TAS Developer: means anyone that Aotal agrees to become a TAS Developer to develop Apps using the Aotal Products & Services.
- Aotal Products & Services: means SnapHire, the TAS Website, the TAS Platform, the TAS Forum, the Talent App Store, your Apps and anyone else's Apps, (" Mediums") and the supply of any product or service (Including any TAS Apps), whether free or paid for, from Aotal (or from anyone else via any of the Mediums) to you or any of your customers.
- TAS Security and Privacy Questionnaire: means the Aotal security and privacy questionnaire provided by Aotal each time you submit your App for listing on the Talent App Store.
- Aotal Troubleshooting Support: means Aotal online support for your questions as you use Aotal Products & Services , including as you develop your App or if you encounter technical problems with your App's functionality.
- Third Parties: means any person, company, body corporate, entity, governmental or regulatory authority in any country that is Aotal or a Related Company.